Saturday, May 31, 2014

So God Made a Farmer

I believe that I have mentioned in the past that my husband and his twin brother farm the land that their grandparents own. My husband and I actually own the original farmhouse on the property and we remodeled it a few years back. Each year during planting or harvest I run out to the fields and try to get a shot of them working or of the tractor; something to commemorate the time. We feel very blessed to be able to live a farm life and hope that we will be able to continue that lifestyle into the future. In the mean time we are enjoying it and are very thankful for the opportunity that had been given to us.

Some of you are probably familiar with Paul Harvey and those that aren’t may be familiar with the Dodge Ram commercial that aired during the Super Bowl 2 years ago. Paul Harvey’s iconic voice read a speech that originally aired in 1978, called ‘So God Made a Farmer!’ Oddly enough my husband had never heard Paul Harvey until this day. I remember listening to him with my father as a child. For anyone with a country or farm upbringing, the speech can really have an affect on you. I have been attempting to get a photo that would allow me incorporate part of the speech into. This year I snapped a photo of the front of one of the tractors on the farm during planting then did a little Photoshop magic to make this already antique tractor have an antique photo with the last paragraph of the ‘So God made a Farmer’ speech.

What do y’all think?


Thanks for stopping by!
Hanna :)




1 comment: