Saturday, May 31, 2014

Gatlinburg - Cades Cove, March 2014

Back in March my husband and I took a few days and headed to Gatlinburg, TN. Like so many people, I have been to Gatlinburg several times; my husband has only been once before, so it was fun to show him a few things. One of the best things about the area is that it seems like you can always find something new to do there even if you have gone several times. This year we attended the Lumberjack Feud, rode the 200-foot Ferris wheel, and went to Cades Cove, among other things.
I have wanted to go to Cades Cove each time that I have visited the area and have never had a chance, so I was pretty excited. Below are just a few pics of the trip. I would love to visit Cades Cove again when the leaves are on the trees and flowers are blooming. It was pretty, but we arrived as soon as the gates opened and frost was still on the ground and being mid March, nothing was really blooming.

Thanks!

Hanna




The guy on the left pole in the black shirt is my husband. He was selected from our side to do the speed climb. He won! :)



A few shots of the Ferris Wheel and the Carousel. 

 First Cabin built in Cades Cove

 One of the Cades Cove cabins.

One of the Churches!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment