Sunday, June 2, 2013

Farm Flower


I love living somewhere I can enjoy all the seasons. I love summer for the reason that most people love summer. Ice cream, long days, fireflies, cook outs, and happy memories of long ago childhoods away from school and a sense of freedom. I love the fall for the harvest, cooler temps, and hunting. I love the snow in the winter and the holidays and I love spring in all its glory of new life. Spring planting on the farm, new little critters, planting flowers, and warming temps. I embrace the change of each season! Once of my favorite things is the flowers in spring time.
My husband and I have now owned our home for 9 years. That doesn’t seem possible really, because we owned for 3 years before we actually lived in it. We purchased our home from my husband’s grandparents and we did a fairly extensive remodel. Our home and the land it sits on have a lot of history. We also get to reap the benefits of a farm wife (grandma) and all the pretty touches she added over the 40 years she and grandpa lived there. We have peonies that are very full and brighten the yard so much. Here is a photo of one of them a few weeks ago on the verge of opening. I love it!

I'm thinking this one needs a frame! ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment