Thursday, October 13, 2011

Howdy! I'm Hanna and this is my first blog post ever! :)

Howdy!

My name is Hanna Smithson and Johnson Branch Photography is my freelance photography business! I have to be honest from the get-go! I am not a talented writer and I am not familiar with blogging, but I'm told its fun and a great way to communicate with my friends and customers! :)

I plan to use this as a way of keeping folks up to speed on whats new with me and my business and a way to give everyone little sneak peaks into my world as a photographer! Doesn't that sound like fun?! haha! :)

So, I guess I will start with a little "Hanna insight!"......

I am a photographer (we've covered that) and a 911 emergency dispatcher! One job makes me crazy and the other keeps me sane (you can decide which is which and when you know, let me know) ;)
I married my dear, sweet hubby in May of 2007, he is a police officer and a farmer! If you haven't figured it out already, we are multi taskers! :) We live in the old farm house from his families farm that we did a complete renovation on. We still intend to add on, but I reckon rooms will come when kids do.

I graduated from Wilmington College in December of 2006 with a bachelor's degree in Art with a concentration in Graphic Design. While my degree is graphic design, my goal was always photography. Sadly, that degree field was not offered at my school! I intend to start my Master's Degree in the future...we will see what field that shall be and what school! :)

I have been doing photography since I was a sophmore in high school. As a second grader, I informed my parents I would someday take pictures of the Titanic. By the time I was old enough to do that, it had been done! :( I still maintain I will be published in National Geographic someday! :) I have experience in all different types of photography, and I am always trying to learn or do new things with my work. I hope to someday publish a book of nature/landscape/wildlife photography. Those are the photos I enjoy taking the most.

Well, I reckon that is enough for my first post! I will elaborate on my business in the next post and get some pics posted!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

PS: I tend to overuse smiley's :), but they make me smile, so :)

1 comment: